Our History

First Baptist Church, Oyo (the Sanctuary of Praise) is one of the oldest baptist churches of the Nigerian Baptist Convention, founded in 1858 AD and strategically located along Iseyin bye-pass, Isokun Oyo.

The evangelistic foundation of the church is traceable to the pioneering work of:

  • Rev T.A. Reid (1858-1864)
  • Rev P.A. Eubank (1889-1891)
  • Rev S.G. Pinnock (1891-1909)
  • and the indigenous mission work of Rev J.A Taiwo (1933-1963) and others that followed him.